Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sick sick sick...(18w.5d)

Ugh, I hate getting sick. I can handle an allergy attack...much prefer those, since I just take some claratin and a nap and I'm good to go. But this...this sucks.

I started in with a sore throat as I was falling asleep Monday night...figured it was still some post nasal drip from an allergy attack on Saturday, no big deal. Woke up yesterday, and my throat felt like it was on fire! That was pretty much the only thing going on...but I should've taken a clue, since I wanted tea instead of coffee. Anytime I actually *want* to drink hot tea, I am most definitely getting sick. It's like my body knows that cold fluids aren't going to be well accepted. Anyway, at the end of the day, I had the whole body aches, chills, and a low grade temp - even with Tylenol in my system. By the time I got home, I felt so horrible, I sat on J's ottoman and just cried for a while. He finally put me in the bathtub and said a few things that made me feel better about calling off work today.

So now I sit here at home, burning 12 hours of PTO that I really can't afford to burn right now...waiting for my momma to bring me my family's traditional "sick time" foods - egg drop soup and 7up. She's also bringing me popsicles, mucinex, milk, and steakum for J's supper. I think she misses taking care of me when I'm sick. I've always been the really independent one in my family, and the only time I ever really let her baby me was when I was sick. Then I got married and moved out...and the few times I've been sick since then, she stepped back and let J do the babying.

Baby-wise, everything seems to be going well. I started feeling movement at night when I'm trying to sleep a couple weeks ago, and last Friday started feeling it a little bit during the day. Ultrasound is in 3 weeks, and I can't wait. I will be absolutely shocked if this is anything but a boy, though! I've been feeling boy pretty much since the day I found out, though I did have a spell of wishfully thinking it might be a girl. J's rooting for a boy (to carry on the family names), as are both his grandfathers and my grandmothers. Anytime I see either Pop Pop, first thing they ask me is "How's my great-grandson doing??" LOL I think Poppop K would have the big one if we have a girl - they haven't had a girl in 6 generations!

I haven't been good about taking pictures so far, either. But there's not much growth to document right now, unless you want to see how much my chest has expanded!! I'm now in an "E" bra, and even that feels tight on my bigger breast. Thankfully I found a website last year that carries weird bra sizes, and has an awesome return policy. Only trouble is they're in the UK, so if something's the wrong size, it'll take a while to get it exchanged. But I managed to get three decent nursing bras for about $50 including shipping, which is less than my mom paid at Motherhood Maternity's "buy 3 get 1 free" sale in August, and I didn't have a salesgirl telling me to buy the wrong size.

(True story - I KNOW my bra size, and the girl at MM told me I measured 2 band sizes too big and a cup size too small. I just looked at her and said "I need XYZ size right now. How is my cup size going to go DOWN in the next several weeks?")

Anyway, I should get moving here. I want to at least attempt to move the mound a dishes from one end of the counter to the other so it doesn't look quite as messy when my mom gets here...

2 comments: