Thursday, March 15, 2012

A month? Another whole month??

I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is flying by! It's been a whole month since I've posted on here, and yet I feel like I was just trying to find the words to catch it up a few days ago. At the same time, it feels like even longer than that.

Well to start off, we hit the 37 week mark tomorrow!!!! Yep, full term ALREADY. (Not soon enough, my body tells me lol). At my appointment with the midwife yesterday, she said Aimee is somewhere around station -2, though it was kind of hard to get a sense of where she really is bc she's so tiny and I'm only a fingertip dilated. What was really exciting is that she said I'm about 80% effaced already! I'm not sure what was going through my head yesterday morning - must have something to do with only getting about 4 1/2 hours of sleep since I worked the night before - but for some reason when she said that I thought it meant I had a ways to go before I am fully effaced. It wasn't until I texted my mom, and she started blowing up my phone while I was trying to get report at work that I realized how close I am!!

I said last time that I was measuring a little behind, and they were thinking of an ultrasound if she still measured behind at the next visit (last one before this) - well, we caught up a little at that visit, measuring 33cm at 35 weeks, but we're still measuring 33cm now!! As the midwife Nancy said, "This little one just does not want to grow on our schedule!" I could only laugh when she said that, because for as much as she has dropped in the last couple weeks (a definite difference between last week and this week), I can STILL feel her feet and legs in my ribs as much, if not more, than before.

My fingers started swelling last weekend...I had to take my engagement ring off last Thursday, as I couldn't tolerate having both rings on at the same time. I'm looking at my hand now, and realizing that I only have a few days before my wedding band will need to come off. My finger is all puffy around the ring, and it's uncomfortable when I think about it. Jason wasn't too happy that I had to take my diamond off (purely for the the fact that it's the first expensive thing he bought me), but I have it on the chain I always wear, so at least it's on my person, if not attached to my body. Blood pressure has been fairly good though - had a spike when I first got to work on Tuesday, but it came down after a couple hours. Couple contractions here and there, but nothing regular or even remotely close together. (we're talking like HOURS apart)

******

I know it's selfish of me to say it, but I am just sooooooo over this pregnancy. After two weeks, I knew that being pregnant was NOT going to be something I enjoyed, and I was right. I hate not feeling like myself to begin with, and I haven't felt "normal" since a week before I got my bfp. I hate when my body does things I can't control, and so far feeling the baby move is the epitome of not being able to control sensations I am experiencing. I can honestly say I DON'T enjoy feeling movement, other than having the satisfaction that yes, my child is alive and thriving. I am very happy about that, but I wish I didn't have to feel/see it. I'm watching her stick her bottom and knee out the side of my belly right now (probably in protest of the mild contractions I've been experiencing since I sat down), and it seriously makes me feel seasick to watch my abdomen roll around like that. I keep expecting a parasite or alien to rip its way out of my body. Seriously. I really doubt I'm going to miss that. I know I will miss being able to tote her around without all the crap I'm going to have to carry soon, and I'm going to miss how easy it was to feed/transport her before she came out, but I'm so over being the human incubator.

Is that bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment