Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Random thoughts while baby naps..

My sweet baby girl...so hard to believe she'll be 4 months old in a little less that two weeks! She's growing and changing so much so fast...

I've been back to work for about three weeks now. I hated leaving her, but it's nice to get back into a routine and figure out how "real life" is going to work for us. Right now I take her up to my parents' house around 1/1:30, let her nurse, then leave around 2 to head in to work. Then they either drop her off on their way to my mom's night class at RACC, or Jason picks her up before he goes home. So far I'm not too keen on it...it always seems like there's a fiasco involved with getting her home. One night my parents didn't leave until almost an hour after they told me they were going to, so I didn't know where she was for almost an hour and a half. (Yes, she was with my parents, and I was aware of that, but I didn't know WHERE lol) She tends to be pretty fussy for about an hour after she gets home each time, too. Then last week she had a complete meltdown when Jason got to the house, and was hysterical for 25 minutes until she realized Daddy was holding her. Thursday she was with Nanny and Poppop Snyder (my MIL's parents), and she did MUCH better, so I wonder if it's just that she is overstimulated at my parents' house.

She's on a growth spurt right now, too. My little sleeping beauty has been putting herself to sleep between 8:30 and  9:30 every night, and sleeps til anywhere from 7:30-9am every morning. This has been going on for weeks - pretty much 1/2-3/4 of her life! Now suddenly last week she went on nap strike, and as of Thursday started waking up to eat 1-2x a night. I'm hoping it's passing now, since last night she only woke up to eat once, and woke up once because her bed was soaked with urine. That in itself was odd, since she's never soaked the bed before, but I worked a couple hours of overtime last night, and Jason said she hadn't had a wet diaper since I left at quarter to seven last night. I just went through her drawers and closet today and pulled out a bunch of stuff that was too small, too. :'(

And then we have poor Mr Logan...he's been itching something terrible since we brough Aimee home, but we thought it was just seasonal allergies. The longer we tried to treat it at home, the worse it got, so we finally broke down and took him to the vet the other week. We ended up giving him a round of prednisone and antibiotics since his skin was so bad. This has been an ongoing problem since we got him, so we finally agreed to get him allergy tested. Turns out he's allergic to pretty much everything we've ever fed him! Corn, sweet potato/white potato, alfalfa, pork, peanuts, peas, and soy - ironic since he LOVES popcorn, peanut butter, and mashed potatoes! I felt so bad when we got the results back, since we've always given him his pills with a little peanut butter! He's also allergic to a lot of grass and tress, though the vet said that's probably not what's causing the reactions. Thankfully the company that does allergy testing gave us a list of foods to look for that we can give him, so we were able to find something to feed him without too much trouble.

Well, I really need to get in the shower - Aimee's napping so it's the perfect time since she's on a "mommy kick" today. I have my annual eval at work in about an hour and a half, and I'll find out then when I'll be "Per Diem" status. Basically I dictate my schedule, and make $12 more an hour - $15 including shift differential. perfect for me, cuz then I can avoid having a babysitter more than once a week, and can work fewer hours for the same pay!

No comments:

Post a Comment